- Grand Canyon Village is the center of much activity on the South Rim
- Many famous trailheads are accessed close to the village
- Ride the Grand Canyon Railway to Williams, Arizona and back
- The Village is a National Historic Landmark District
- Numerous viewpoints and overlooks are located near Grand Canyon Village
What can I see and do at Grand Canyon Village?
- Views: Grand Canyon Village offers a number of places to get views of the canyon from the South Rim. Maricopa Point and Mather Point are just a couple you should make sure you visit while in the village area.
- Grand Canyon Railway: You can take a special journey on the Grand Canyon Railway to Williams, Arizona and back. It’s a fascinating trip for the whole family, with lovely landscapes and plenty of activities and fun on the train itself.
- Hiking: Many trailheads are located around the village. Try the Rim Trail that takes you to Hermits Rest, the Bright Angel Trail with a variety of scenic day hikes you can experience and the South Kaibab Trail, with the best views of any short hikes in the canyon.
- Camping: Mather Campground offers close proximity to all the action in Grand Canyon Village South Rim. Here you can set up your vacation home base and see the park at your leisure.
- Historic Site: A National Historic Landmark District, most of the structures in Grand Canyon Village Arizona date back to around 1901. You can visit landmark buildings and witness the town’s unique design.
- Find Lodging: Numerous lodges and hotels exist along the rim in this marvelous Grand Canyon South Rim Village. All provide rooms with views of Grand Canyon and all have excellent amenities.
Where is Grand Canyon Village?
Grand Canyon Village is on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Driving into Grand Canyon National Park via the southern entrance (north of Tusayan, Arizona), stay on Highway 64 and you’ll drive right to the Village. From the eastern entrance, stay on Highway 64 and you’ll reach Grand Canyon Village in about 25 miles.
When is Grand Canyon Village open?
Grand Canyon Village is open all year. All visitor services are available the year round, though some facilities close in the winter months.
Who can I call if I have more questions?
If you have any questions regarding Grand Canyon Village, call the visitor information phone at (928) 638-7888.