- Desert View Watchtower puts you in a position for commanding views of Grand Canyon
- Browse the gift store at the bottom of the tower to find Native American handicrafts
- Visiting the watchtower is free
- Camp nearby at the convenient campground
- Drive the scenic 25-mile Desert View Drive
What can I see and do at Desert View Watchtower?
- Views: The Watchtower Grand Canyon is at the highest spot on the South Rim, sitting out on a promontory. When you climb to the top observation deck, you will see majestic views of the Colorado River, Navajo lands and of course, the spectacular sights of the Grand Canyon.
- Visitor Center: Be sure to visit the Desert View Visitor Center while you are here. It’s close by and offers special inspirational exhibits.
- Shopping: At the bottom of the Watchtower, there is a gift ship that provides special gifts and souvenirs. You’ll find southwestern art, Native American arts and crafts and much more.
- Camping: The Desert View Campground provides convenient camping for visitors, making it easy to stay a while and explore the Grand Canyon.
- Scenic Drive: Take the 25-mile Desert View Drive from the Desert View Watchtower to Grand Canyon Village. Along the way you can stop at many overlooks so you can take in the beauty that is Grand Canyon.
Where is Desert View Watchtower?
Desert View Watchtower is located on the South Rim of Grand Canyon National Park. From the East Entrance, drive on Highway 64, turning right towards Desert View. After parking in the Desert View parking lot, walk down a short paved path to the Watchtower. From Grand Canyon Village, drive east on Highway 64 for about 25 miles, taking a left to the Desert View parking area.
When is Desert View Watchtower open?
Desert View Watchtower Grand Canyon is accessible all year round. Hours vary according to the season, but typically it’s open from 9 am to around sunset.
How much does Desert View Watchtower cost?
There is no fee to visit the Desert View Watchtower.
Who can I call if I have more questions?
If you want more information, call the Watchtower at (928) 638-2736.