Where can I go skiing?
Grandview Lookout Trails
To ski Grand Canyon along the south rim is an ideal winter vacation when there is sufficient snow to permit such an adventure in cross-country skiing.
- Known for: Groomed trails.
- Location: Near Grandview Lookout Tower in Kaibab National Forest.
- Season: Winter months with sufficient snowfall
- Phone: (928) 638-2443
Highway 67 to the North Rim
Grand Canyon ski adventures are the best for solitude, with the objective to make it to the North Rim for some spectacular snowy landscape views of the Grand Canyon.
- Known for: Deep snow, multi-day trip, camping at group campsites within the park (requires a permit)
- Location: The gate where Highway 67 is closed for winter, south of Jacob Lake
- Season: Mid-November through to mid -May
- Phone: (928) 638-7875
Elk Ridge Ski Area
High in Bill Williams Mountain Range, you’ll find this ski area is great for families, with nearby sights to see when not on the slopes.
- Known for: 40 acres of downhill skiing, 10 trails, 600-foot vertical drop, deep snow, the majority of runs for beginners and intermediates, family oriented, tubing hill for kids.
- Location: The southwest entrance to Grand Canyon, at 2467 County Road 73, Williams, Arizona.
- Season: December to April
- Phone: (928) 635-2434
Spring Valley Nordic Ski Trail
Besides seeing wildlife in this beautiful area, you have the opportunity for much snow play and winter fun.
- Known for: 21 miles of trails, convenient parking area, at 8,000 feet elevation
- Location: In Kaibab National Forest 21 miles northeast of Williams, Arizona on Interstate 40 and FR 141.
- Season: Winter months
- Phone: 928-635-4707
Open all year round, ski lovers flock to this skiing paradise.
- Known for: Great beginner’s area, 50 acres, three chairlifts, 32 runs, terrain park.
- Location: 7 miles north of Flagstaff, Arizona on Highway 180
- Season: winter season is mid-December to mid-April; summer season is mid-May to mid-October
- Phone: (928) 779-1951