What can I see and do at Hoover Dam?
- Walk Along the Top of the Dam: Get incredible views of the Colorado River, Lake Mead, the face of the dam and much more from atop the dam.
- Hear an Audio Presentation on the Nevada Intake Towers: While you are on top of the dam and on the Nevada side, you can hear this informative audio presentation explaining the role of these towers, including the artwork on the face of the dam.
- Tour the Visitor Center: Get a great introduction to the dam in the lobby of the visitor center as you explore the displays, photos and maps. Enter the theater to see the short film on the construction of this massive dam.
- View Everything from the Observation Deck: When inside the visitor center, make your way to the top floor and let the views from the observation deck take you breath away. You will get panoramic views of the dam, Colorado River, Lake Mead and the features surrounding.
- See the Winged Figures of the Republic: Across the street from the visitor center, these bronze sculptures communicate the concepts this artist desired in their creation.
- Check out the Old Exhibit Building: Walk towards Lake Mead from the Winged Figures plaza and head into the Old Exhibit Building. Enjoy educational exhibits and a topographical model of the Colorado River Basin with all the tributaries of the river and the locations of dams.
- Take the Power Plant Tour: Any visit to Hoover Dam Nevada must include a Power Plant Tour, where you can really find out all about the dam. Walk within the dam through passageways and see the eight huge turbines on this guided tour.
- Take the Dam Tour: This is a one-hour tour that takes you deep into the dam and explores parts rarely seen.
- Launch a boat on the Colorado River: While you are here, it’s the perfect place to start an adventure on the Colorado River. You can launch a boat below the dam, or you can hire a guide for a river tour.
Where is Hoover Dam?
Of course, any Hoover Dam information has to include how to get there. Hoover Dam is 35 miles south of Las Vegas. To get there from Grand Canyon’s South Rim, take Highway 64 west to Interstate 40 W. Take exit 43 and turn towards Las Vegas on US Highway 93. Follow the signs to the dam.
When is Hoover Dam open?
Hoover Dam Arizona is open all year except for Thanksgiving and Christmas Days. Hours are from 9 am to 5 pm.
How much does Hoover Dam cost?
Hoover Dam Lake Mead has different fees depending on what activities you will want to participate in. The dam tour fee is $30 per person (ages 8 and up). The Power Plant Tour is $15 for adults, $12 for seniors (62 and up) and children ages 4 to 16, children 3 and under are free. Tickets for the Visitor Center are $10 and children 3 and under are free.
Who can I call if I have more questions?
When you have other questions, call (866) 730-9097 for tour information, and call (888) 248-1259 for security information and road conditions.