Why should I visit Sedona Arizona?
Sedona AZ is in the famous Red Rock Country, with a host of attractions, outdoor fun and plenty of options for lodging and dining. You will have the opportunity to view magnificent red rock formations, towering canyon walls, crystal clear creeks and much more.
Where is Sedona Arizona?
Sedona Arizona is south of Grand Canyon National Park’s South Rim in northern Arizona. From Grand Canyon Village, take Highway 64 to Interstate 40 towards Phoenix. Exit at exit 195 to get on Interstate 17, heading towards Sedona. Then take exit 337 and get on Highway 89A South. Follow this right into Sedona.
What sort of Services and Amenities does Sedona offer?
For Sedona Arizona information on lodging and dining, you need look no further. No matter your preferences, Sedona has it all.
Wonderful accommodations are abundant! You’ll discover picturesque Bed and Breakfast inns, quaint lodges, luxury resorts, hotels with red rock views and many traditional-style motels to choose from.
Dining is always a pleasure in Sedona. It doesn’t matter what you’re in the mood for, an American feast, Italian French or Asian fare, discover a wide array of cuisines around town.
What can I do or see in Sedona?
Sedona Heritage Museum
The Sedona Heritage Museum should be included as a stop on all Sedona Arizona vacations, with much to be learned here about the cowboy and pioneer life in the region. A historic spot, folks of all ages will enjoy the special programs the museum provides.
- Location: The museum is located at 735 Jordan Road in Sedona, just off of Highway 89A. To get there from Grand Canyon’ South Rim, take Arizona Highway 64 to Interstate 40 heading towards Phoenix. Take exit 195 onto Interstate 17 towards Sedona. Take exit 337 which puts you on Highway 89A. Follow this into Sedona, and take a right on Apple Avenue, right on Jordan Road and you’ll see the museum on your left.
- Season/Hours: Open every day from 11 am to 3 pm
- Cost: Adults are $5 and children under 12 are free.
- Services: Picnic tables, special programs, gift shop
- Phone: (928) 282-7038
Experience the Artistic Environment
Of all Sedona activities, the most aesthetic experience comes from visiting the many area galleries. See the diverse work displayed of traditional and representational artists, all determined and very talented in their individualistic expression.
- Location: Various locations throughout Sedona. Get to Sedona from Grand Canyon by taking Arizona Highway 64 to Interstate 40 heading towards Phoenix. Take exit 195 onto Interstate 17 towards Sedona. Take exit 337 which puts you on Highway 89A. Follow this right into Sedona.
- Season: Year round
Red Rock State Park
Be sure to include this popular state park on your Sedona Arizona travel adventures. A nature preserve with beautiful scenery, you can hike either alone or take an informative guided tour.
- Location: The address of Red Rock State Park is 4050 Red Rock Loop Road in Sedona. From Grand Canyon, take Highway 64 to I-40 headed towards Phoenix. Take exit 195 and get on I-17 towards Sedona. Exit 337 puts you on Highway 89A. Follow this right into Sedona, taking a left on Lower Red Rock Loop Road. The park will be on your right.
- Season/Hours: Open all year and 7 days a week. Hours are from 8 am to 5 pm.
- Cost: $10 per vehicle, $3 for an individual or bicycle
- Services: Special programs and events
- Phone: (928) 282-6907
Oak Creek Canyon
Your Sedona Arizona activities itinerary should lead you to Oak Creek Canyon, with its breathtaking beauty. This river gorge is the perfect place to stop (in between times just enjoying the vistas from your car as you drive) and try some swimming, hiking or fishing.
- Location: The scenic drive through Oak Creek Canyon starts just north of Sedona and 14 miles south of Flagstaff along Arizona Highway 89A. You can easily experience this drive as you come south on Highway 89A from Grand Canyon’s South Rim.
- Season: All year through
- Phone: (928) 282-4119
Slide Rock State Park
This historic apple farm was started in 1912, and you can explore on hiking trails and a nature trail. See the unique irrigation system that is still in use today, and visit the Pendley Homestead house.
- Location: Slide Rock State Park is at 6871 North Highway 89A, Sedona. Leave Grand Canyon National Park from the South Rim traveling on Highway 64, take I-40 East and then exit 195 onto I-17 South. Exit 337 puts you onto Highway 89A. Follow this about 18 miles and the park will by on your right.
- Season/Hours: The Park is open all year. The hours are from 8 am to 5, 6 or 7 pm depending on the season.
- Cost: $10 per vehicle, $3 per individual or bicycle.
- Services: Gift shop, exhibits
- Phone: (928) 282-3034