Why should I visit Williams?
Traveling through Williams AZ is the perfect side trip to a visit to Grand Canyon. You will find lots to do both in town and the surrounding Kaibab National Forest.
Where is Williams Arizona?
Williams is located along Interstate 40 in northern Arizona, south of Grand Canyon National Park. To get to Williams from the South Rim of Grand Canyon, follow Arizona Highway 64 south right into town.
What sort of Services and Amenities does Williams offer?
Many lodging options await you in Williams, including traditional chain motels and hotels, many with pools and breakfast, budget accommodations and quaint Bed & Breakfast inns.
Dining is simply the best in Williams, with Thai, Korean, Mexican and other cuisines to choose from. You’ll also find sandwich shops, steakhouses and fast food for when you are on the go.
- Bearizona Wildlife Park: See bison, big horn sheep, bears and much move when you visit this fabulous drive-through animal park. It’s wonderful to watch wildlife in their natural environment.
- Grand Canyon Deer Farm Petting Zoo: When you come to visit Williams Arizona, the whole family will thrill to this petting zoo, where you can even feed the animals. Pet the reindeer, deer, camel, baby bison and wallabies.
- Kaibab Lake: Within Kaibab National Forest, you must be sure to visit Kaibab Lake, with camping, fishing and places to have a great picnic. You will find this national forest provides the entire family with plenty of activities to fill your vacation days.
- Grand Canyon Railway: This old-time railway takes you on a grand trip from Williams to the Grand Canyon. Start in the morning and return in the late afternoon. You will even get to be part of a mock train robbery on the way.
- Elk Ridge Ski and Outdoor Recreation Area: If visiting Williams in the winter, drive a few miles to Elk Ridge for skiing and snowboarding fun. There are 10 trails that offer excitement for all levels of skiers, but particularly the beginner to the intermediate.