- Take the Amtrak Southwest Chief route from Chicago or Los Angeles to Williams, Arizona.
- Take the vintage Grand Canyon Railway from Williams to the Grand Canyon.
Take the Amtrak Southwest Chief and the Grand Canyon Railway to the Grand Canyon
Grand Canyon Railway
This is the only Grand Canyon train, taking you from Williams, Arizona to the beautiful Grand Canyon. On the vintage Grand Canyon Railway, you’ll travel through the desert, into prairie landscapes, finally reaching the pine-covered hills near Grand Canyon National Park and the Grand Canyon itself.
- Fares: Coach service is $70 round-trip per adult, $40 per child
- Train Stations: Grand Canyon trains leave from the Williams, Arizona train depot at 233 North Grand Canyon Boulevard. Your destination, the Grand Canyon Depot, is located near the El Tovar Hotel within the park.
- Reservations: Call 800-843-8724 or Book Online.
Amtrak Southwest Chief
To get to Williams, hop aboard the Amtrak Southwest Chief, which connects Chicago to Los Angeles via Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and Las Vegas. Amtrak offers bus service between the Williams station and the Grand Canyon Railway so that you can get to the Grand Canyon entirely by train.
- Train Stations: The Williams, Arizona station is the closest Amtrak station to the Grand Canyon.
- Reservations: Call 800-872-7245 or Book Online