Grand Canyon photography trips offer countless opportunities to take that perfect picture, with views such as Shiva Temple, the Colorado River and amazing red rock formations and colorful spires.
Where can I go for Photography in Grand Canyon?
The places within Grand Canyon National Park where you can shoot winning photos are too many to mention in a small space. However, whether with one of the Grand Canyon photo tours or on your own, some of the most popular spots are the following:
- Hopi Point: Hopi Point extends out into the canyon, offering unobstructed views of Shiva Temple, Dana Butte and the Tower of Set. Be sure to arrive at sunset for the chance at unparalleled photos.
- Hermits Rest: A photographer’s dream, Hermits Rest provides views of Hermit Rapids and the Redwall formations and other towering cliffs. Grab a snack and wait for the perfect light.
- Bright Angel Trail: As you hike the Bright Angel Trail, the shots you can get as you descend into the canyon are a marvel. At Indian Gardens you’ll love the green oasis contrasting with the deep brown of the surrounding rocks.
- Phantom Ranch: This is a rustic setting with a wide choice of shots of the ranch at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Short hikes will take you to other fascinating settings of waterfalls and canyon cliff beauty.
- The Skywalk: As you stand 4,000 feet above the canyon, peering down through the glass floor, the inspiration for some amazing photographs will come to you. This engineering marvel weighs 1.2 million pounds and sticks out over the canyon an amazing 70 feet.
- Cape Final: From a single spot at Cape Final, you can shoot a hundred different pictures. Look out over a panorama of the eastern canyon like nothing you’ve seen before.
- Cape Royal: You must try to arrive at sunset, as the jagged formations turn colors of a wide variety. Take a shot of Angels Window or the far-off glint of the Colorado River.
I am looking for a guide
A Grand Canyon photo tour gives you the best advantage for the greatest shots, so explore the listings on this page to find the ideal tour company for your photography adventure.