Vista Encantada is the perfect place to stop for a picnic, giving a visitor the opportunity to have a snack while marveling at the spectacular views of Grand Canyon.
- Vista Encantada is a short drive down Cape Royal Road on the North Rim of Grand Canyon
- You may see an array of wildflowers abloom when you stop at the overlook
- Have a picnic at the picnic area while surrounded by spectacular views
- Best to visit between mid-May and mid-October
What can I see and do at Vista Encantada?
- Scenic Drive: You will enjoy the scenic drive to Vista Encantada, along the Cape Royal Road. It gives a taste of what to expect when you arrive at this marvelous overlook.
- Views: The viewpoint of Vista Encantada looks out over the Walhalla Plateau. You can see all the way to the Painted Desert in the east and take in Brady Peak. Views of the upper Nankoweap Creek are also stunning.
- Picnicking: The picnic area is ideal for having a meal or a snack, surrounded with views of Grand Canyon and points beyond.
- Wildflowers: Vista Encantada may be bursting with color when you visit, the oranges and yellow of wildflowers and the flowers blooming on prickly pear cactus.
- Photo opportunities: With the incredible views, the family gathered for a picnic and abundant wildflowers, you want to ensure you don’t forget your camera. There are great shots available whether you are pro or a novice photographer.
Where is Vista Encantada?
Vista Encantada lies along Cape Royal Road in Grand Canyon National Park, on the North Rim. Take Highway 67 into the park’s north entrance, but instead of continuing all the way to the Visitor Center near the canyon’s rim, take the left (east) towards Point Imperial. When you reach the junction with Cape Royal Road, take Cape Royal Road. You will soon see signs to Vista Encantada, which will be on your left.
When is Vista Encantada open?
The North Rim is open and you can access Vista Encantada from 15 May to 15 October. In the wintertime, Highway 67 into the park often closes because of snow, but from 15 October until the first snow, you may still be able to get to Vista Encantada for day use only. After Highway 67 closes due to snow, the road won’t open again until the middle of May.
How much does Vista Encantada cost?
Access to Vista Encantada is free of charge.
Who can I call if I have more questions?
If you want more information regarding Vista Encantada, call Grand Canyon’s General Visitor Information phone at (928) 638-7888.
Share Your Thoughts
- Roaring Springs
- Kaibab Trail
- Bright Angel Point
- Snake Gulch
- Walhalla Overlook
- Angels Window
- Cape Final
- Cheyava Falls
- House Rock Ranch
- Kaibab Squirrel
- Ken Patrick Trail
- Point Imperial
- Point Sublime
- Roosevelt Point
- Saddle Mountain
- Tiyo Point
- Vista Encantada
- Walhalla Ruins
- Widforss Point
- Grand Canyon Park
Dreamland Safari Tours
Our North Rim excursions are second to one. Dreamland Safari Tours is the exclusive regional Toroweap provider! Let us take you there!
Windows of The West Hummer Tours
4-Wheel-Drive Back-Country Excursions touring public lands & private canyons around East Zion and Kanab in southern Utah, spectacular scenic vistas and secret slot canyons.